- My 27th Birthday Party Info (8/21/09)
- Joss Stone-Lauryn Hill-MUSIC-SO DOPE!
- "The Roof" Remix Mariah Carey Ft. Mobb Deep -MY FA...
- 7 Bad eating habits
- 6 simple lifestyle changes to lose weight!
- Purify your body-5 Summer Foods
- Get Inspired by others
- 10 ways to Conquer Emotional Eating
- Top 5 Changes for Permanent Weight loss
- 10 Healthy Weight Loss Tips
- 3 low cal *Vegan* summer dinners
- Pa'que tu lo sepas
- My Favorite Nail Products!
- ▼ August (14)
Saturday, August 8, 2009
10 Healthy Weight Loss Tips
Here are 10 healthy weight loss tips to help you lose weight for life:
1. Make your mantra "stay as close to nature as possible". Avoid processed foods. Choose packaged foods with the fewest ingredients, and only ones that you recognize.
2. Successful weight loss doesn't mean eating LESS, it means eating DIFFERENTLY. Instead of going hungry, cut down on calorie-dense foods (fatty-sugary foods) and eat more lower-calorie or lighter foods, especially those rich in dietary fiber.
3. Get support. Don't go it alone, whether it's a friend, family member, or an on-line buddy. Even visiting support forums on dieting websites can help you resist binging.
4. Cut calories easily by eating foods with a higher liquid content and less density like fruits and vegetables. Less dense foods naturally have fewer calories and will keep you satisfied longer.
5. High fiber foods are best. You'll feel more satisfied with fewer calories, your digestion will improve, and you will have a better chance of avoiding diseases like cancer, heart disease, and strokes. Learn more about the benefits of a high fiber diet in this article ezinearticles.com/.
6. Minimize sugar (read labels - it's in everything). The more sugar you eat, the more difficult it will be to lose weight. Sugar spikes your blood glucose levels which makes you hungry soon after eating and keeps you from burning stored fat.
7. Get enough sleep. Adequate, restful sleep is critical for maintaining a healthy weight. Here's one article that discusses a recent study on weight loss and sleep ezinearticles.com/.
8. Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today. Don't postpone healthy eating until "after the holidays" or "I'll start on Monday". Every meal is another opportunity to improve your health and work toward your weight loss goals. Here's an article on 10 Bogus Weight Loss Excuses and how to beat them ezinearticles.com/.
9. Put your goals in positive terms like "I will eat a salad every day" or "I will walk at least 30 minutes every day". Healthy lifestyle change requires a positive attitude!
10. Eat a healthy breakfast. Breakfast kick starts your metabolism and provides energy for your morning. Choose fresh fruit and whole grain cereal or oatmeal, or a soy yogurt. Want to know the best 6 breakfast cereals for weight loss? Check out this article ezinearticles.com/.
What are your favorite healthy weight loss tips?